Associate Pastor of DiscipleshipNewPoint Church - Ponca City, OK
Associate Pastor of Discipleship
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship will serve under the Lead Pastor and oversee the adult discipleship areas of NewPoint Church, such as Small Groups, Pastoral Care, Next Steps, and Growth Track.
The position of Associate Pastor of Discipleship is a full-time professional staff ministry position. As a God-called minister, the Associate Pastor of Discipleship works in cooperation with the pastoral staff, volunteer staff, and Leadership Team to accomplish NewPoint’s mission, which is to “Love God. Love People. Make Disciples.”
- Develop and Oversee Small Groups and Pastoral Care:
- Develop an effective small group system that multiplies groups and leaders.
- Recruit and train small group leaders.
- Develop and determine curriculum and group materials.
- Work to assimilate people into small groups.
- Oversee and ensure pastoral care is accomplished through the Small Groups ministry.
- Develop and Oversee Discipleship and Next Steps Ministry:
- Recruit, train, and develop a team to help carry out the Discipleship and Next Steps ministry, including Growth Track.
- Follow up and counsel with decisions.
- Guide new believers, new members, and other Growth Track attendees through their next steps.
- Connect new believers and others with mentors.
- Train mentors.
- Oversee and facilitate Growth Track including recruiting, training, and developing a team to help.
- Create and implement periodic discipleship classes and training as necessary.
- Maintain a consistent, close and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain healthy relationships at home with their family.
- Maintain a professional relationship with the pastors & staff.
- Help facilitate worship services and weekly times of prayer.
- Perform pastoral care, counseling, weddings, and funerals on occasion.
- Preaching and teaching on occasion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Critical Job Requirements:
- Ability to excel at administrative and organizational tasks.
- Ability to supervise and oversee multiple areas of ministry.
- Ability to counsel and care for the needs of the members of NewPoint.
- Ability to recruit and develop new leaders.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively on several items at once.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and respond appropriately.
- Ability to work effectively as a team with the other staff and members of NewPoint.
- Ability to communicate and preach God’s word effectively and accurately.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Send applications or questions to email@example.com
109 W. Hartford
Ponca City, OK 74601